This course consists of a total of 23 lessons which were supposed to complete in nearly 6 months if the class meets once a week. The tuition is $720 total. All new students need to pay a one-time registration fee of $80. So the total fee to be paid is $800. Everyone will have the access to the VOD learning system at the same time. There is homework online at our website after each lesson. Performance report will be emailed for your review.
All the tuition fee is non-refundable after 90 days of the subscription. Before 90 days, up to half of the tuition fee may be refundable.
The instructor has more than 17 years of teaching experience. She started the online classes even before the COVID-19 pandemic. The classes were made fun, clear and easy for students to follow and learn.
Abacus is considered the most effective way to initiate math for young children and sharpen math skills for everyone in the 21st century.
Learning abacus provides stimulations that are socially responsive and intellectually congruent for the growth of brain cells. It is encouraged that kids start with the Abacus Math program as early as possible once they can count from 0 to 10. Relatively older kids can jump start mental math levels after completing the first stage lessons. No matter what age does a pupil start abacus mental math, They will have the lifelong benefit as long as they stay in the program until middle school age and pass Level 2 or higher in the certification exam.
Why is the abacus mental math program so beneficial? The followings are the reasons.
[ Promoting Multisensory Integration ]
Children between 5 and 12 retain a large "plasticity" in their brains which shape according to environmental stimuli. Multisensory teaching is the use of all senses when teaching so that the different channels will support each other in learning. In an abacus math class, the pupil uses the visual channel (eyes), the auditory channel (ears) and kinesthetic (motor memory), and tactile (hands) to learn. Therefore, abacus math effectively motivates IQ effects through multisensory techniques. Multisensory techniques are also believed to be effective for students with learning disabilities.
[ Helping Academic Performance ]
* Establishes numeric relations in a clear and logical way for small children
* Enables the child to respond to questions promptly
* Elevates memory & attention span
* Encourages the child to dedicate full attention to study by listening more attentively and effectively
* Complements and supplements the arithmetic approaches adopted in schools
* Helps students overcome the fears of mathematics, if any, and gain confidence
* Makes the learner more confident and interested in school works, both curricular and extra-curricular
Learning abacus at IQ Abacus Math & Language School is especially different and will gain extra benefits because it
[ Creates a Love of Math ]
* Abacus + Music + Game = Math is fun! ™
* On-line mental math and progress tracking system
* Full-line comprehensive Singapore Math program allowing students to apply abacus mental math to solve grade-level math problems faster and easily