This course consists of a total of 23 lessons which were supposed to complete in nearly 6 months in the past when the class met once a week. The tuition was $720 total but now is only a fraction of it. With the VOD learning system, you have an option to complete more than one class a week. The subscription will not expire until 120 days later. During the 120 days period, you will have access to all classes and homework/tests for this course. During the subscription, the student can opt to request for instructor led real-time online classes for a total of up to 2 hours. You can schedule an appointment with us when needed. The classes with an instructor will expire together with the expiration of the subscription.
All the tuition fee is non-refundable.
Learning abacus online makes it easier for students to learn at their own pace. The instructor made learning abacus fun, clear and easy. There is homework after each lesson. Performance report will be emailed for your review.
The abacus is considered the most effective way to introduce math to young children and sharpen math skills for everyone in the 21st century.
Learning the abacus provides stimulation that drives social interaction and is intellectually congruent for the growth of brain cells. Kids are encouraged to start with the Abacus Math program as early as possible once they can count from 0 to 10. Older kids can jump-start mental math levels after completing the first stage lessons. Regardless of what age a pupil starts abacus mental math, participating and learning in the program through middle school and passing Level 2 or higher in the certification USMMF exam will ensure they will have the lifelong benefit of enhanced mathematical skills and the ability to apply those skills in real world applications. They will use these skills every day for the rest of their lives.
Why is the abacus mental math program so beneficial? The followings are the reasons.
[ Promoting Multisensory Integration ]
Children between 5 and 12 years of age retain tremendous "plasticity" in their brains which is influenced and shaped according to environmental stimuli. Multisensory teaching is the use of all senses when teaching so that the different channels will support each other in learning. In an abacus math class, the pupil uses the visual channel (eyes), the auditory channel (ears) and kinesthetic (motor memory), and tactile (hands) to learn. Therefore, abacus math effectively uses multisensory techniques to enhance IQ development. Multisensory techniques are also believed to be effective and therapeutic for students with learning disabilities.
[ Helping Academic Performance ]
Abacus mental math drives successful academic performance through the following:
* Establishes numeric relations in a clear and logical way for small children
* Enables the child to respond to questions promptly
* Elevates memory & attention span
* Encourages the child to dedicate their full attention to studying by listening more attentively and effectively
* Complements, supplements, and enhances the arithmetic approaches adopted in schools
* Helps students overcome fear of mathematics and increases confidence
* Makes the learner more confident and interested in school work and activity, both curricular and extra-curricular
Learning the abacus at IQ Abacus Math School is a unique and rewarding experience for a young student, from which they can only benefit.
[ Creates a Love of Math ]
Abacus mental math creates a love of math, itself.
* Abacus + Music + Game = Math is fun! ™
* On-line mental math and progress tracking system demonstrates and rewards progress
* Full-line (online?) comprehensive Singapore Math program allows students to apply abacus mental math to solve grade-level math problems faster and easier