This course consists of a total of 23 lessons which were supposed to complete in nearly 6 months in the past when the class met once a week. The tuition was $720 total but now is only a fraction of it. With the VOD learning system, you have an option to complete more than one class a week. The subscription will not expire until 120 days later. During the 120 days period, you will have access to all classes and homework/tests for this course. During the subscription, the student can opt to request for instructor led real-time online classes for a total of up to 2 hours. You can schedule an appointment with us when needed. The classes with an instructor will expire together with the expiration of the subscription.
All the tuition fee is non-refundable.
Learning abacus online makes it easier for students to learn at their own pace. The instructor made learning abacus fun, clear and easy. There is homework after each lesson. Performance report will be emailed for your review.
Abacus is considered the most effective way to initiate math for young children and sharpen math skills for everyone in the 21st century.
Learning abacus provides stimulations that are socially responsive and intellectually congruent for the growth of brain cells. It is encouraged that kids start with the Abacus Math program as early as possible once they can count from 0 to 10. Relatively older kids can jump start mental math levels after completing the first stage lessons. No matter what age does a pupil start abacus mental math, They will have the lifelong benefit as long as they stay in the program until middle school age and pass Level 2 or higher in the certification exam.
Why is the abacus mental math program so beneficial? The followings are the reasons.
[ Promoting Multisensory Integration ]
Children between 5 and 12 retain a large "plasticity" in their brains which shape according to environmental stimuli. Multisensory teaching is the use of all senses when teaching so that the different channels will support each other in learning. In an abacus math class, the pupil uses the visual channel (eyes), the auditory channel (ears) and kinesthetic (motor memory), and tactile (hands) to learn. Therefore, abacus math effectively motivates IQ effects through multisensory techniques. Multisensory techniques are also believed to be effective for students with learning disabilities.
[ Helping Academic Performance ]
* Establishes numeric relations in a clear and logical way for small children
* Enables the child to respond to questions promptly
* Elevates memory & attention span
* Encourages the child to dedicate full attention to study by listening more attentively and effectively
* Complements and supplements the arithmetic approaches adopted in schools
* Helps students overcome the fears of mathematics, if any, and gain confidence
* Makes the learner more confident and interested in school works, both curricular and extra-curricular
Learning abacus at IQ Abacus Math & Language School is especially different and will gain extra benefits because it
[ Creates a Love of Math ]
* Abacus + Music + Game = Math is fun! ™
* On-line mental math and progress tracking system
* Full-line comprehensive Singapore Math program allowing students to apply abacus mental math to solve grade-level math problems faster and easily