News/Tips - List all
|International / National Math Contests
For Grades 2 to 8
|IQ Abacus is forming math teams for Grades 2 to 8 to participate in the math contests conducted by the Online Math League, MATHCOUNTS, AMC 8 or Math Olympiads. The OML ID/password for you to practice online is available! If you have signed up, the details are in your class report. The details for Online Math League are listed below:
The earlier you sign up, the sooner you can start the practice. The Math Olympiads is for Grades 4 to 6 and the MATHCOUNTS and AMC 8 teams are for Grades 6 to 8 and by invitation only. The teachers will contact you individually for details. Please sign up as early as possible if you would like to join the excitement!
- Each grade (team) will be given three tests at 4:30 PM on Sundays on (subject to change) 11/14/2010 (see result), 1/30/2011 (see result), and 3/20/2011 (see result). Three scores will be summed up to determine the final winners after 3/31/2011.
- It takes a minimum of four people to form a team from the same grade. Everyone will pay $25 to join the team. No refund after the payment unless there are less than four people in your team.
- All participated students will be eligible for both individual and team competitions.
- IQ Abacus will offer a total of three one-hour free sessions in a Sunday afternoon in November, January, and March for each team to complete the tests.
- Once sign up, the students will have access to the onlinemathleague.com practice area providing sample questions that the students can use to prepare for the official tests, and much more importantly, to improve the math skills.
- Deadline for signing up is Friday, 10/8/2010.
- Please note that this is a totally voluntary service from IQ Abacus to our students. No "make-ups" if you miss the free sessions mentioned above. Please plan for your schedule carefully.
- More details can be found at the Online Math League web site.
If you have not yet done so, please ask either Ms. Chiou or Dr. Horng for the form to sign up ASAP.